Baby diary' on a French King

MT Le Normand lenorman at infobiogen.fr
Mon Feb 17 16:36:02 UTC 2003

Is this the reference you are looking for ?
A Diary Study on the Acquisition of Middle French:
A Preliminary Report on the Early Language
Acquisition of Louis XIII
  David Ingram and Marie-Therese Le Normand      352

BUCLD: Proceedings of the Boston University Conference on Language
Development, November 3,4,&5, 1995

 http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/conference.html.

Abstract
Early French was markedly different from Modern French. Among its properties
are that it was pro drop, allowed the inversion of verbs and lexical
subjects in questions, and had V2 word order. All of these properties have
been lost in Modern French. The process of how these changes took place in
Middle French have been speculated upon in Clark & Robert (1993), but no
language acquisition data have been brought to bear upon them.
The possibility for examining questions such as these ones, as well as
others, has arisen with the recent discovery of a diary on the language
acquisition of Louis XIII (1601-1643). Louis's physician kept a daily diary
on his development from his birth in 1601 until the physician's death in
1628. This paper is a preliminary report on the diary, focussing on the
entries for the first four years of Louis'life. The central focus will be
descriptive, i.e presenting information on the general characteristics of
the diary data. In addition, some preliminary analyses will be presented on
the nature of Louis' language in relation to the properties of French which
were under change in Middle French.

Hope these informations will help

Marie-Thérèse Le Normand, INSERM
Laboratoire de Neuropsychopathologie du langage et de la cognition
Bâtiment Pharmacie, 3ème étage
Hôpital de la Salpêtrière
47 Bld de l'hôpital
75651 Paris Cedex 13