Books for the lay person on child development

Professor Annette Karmiloff-Smith a.karmiloff-smith at ich.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jun 4 11:02:43 UTC 2003

you could try:  "Everything your baby would ask, if only he or she
could talk", by the infamous Karmiloff-Smith and her daughter, Kyra
Karmiloff! !  It's published by Carroll and Brown, 2003 (with a
horrible pink cover, but the science in it is really serious).
People seem to like it but maybe you should see first if anyone else
recommends it!!  I could be very biased!
best wishes
Annette