games in a foreign language

Anne Kolatsis anne.kolatsis at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Thu Mar 6 04:34:55 UTC 2003

Hello,
There is a book by Jill Hadfield that is useful. Also, Mario Rinvoluccri
writes in this area and anything by him may be worth considering. I have
included 2 dated but useful (English) references below.
TitleAdvanced communication games : a collection of games and activities
for intermediate and advanced students of English / Jill Hadfield.
PublisherSunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex : Nelson & Sons, 1987.

Author          Rinvolucri, Mario.
Title                   Grammar games : cognitive, affective, and drama
activities for EFL students / Mario Rinvolucri.
Publisher               Cambridge [Cambridgeshire] ; New York : Cambridge
University Press, 1984.

Anne Purcell Kolatsis
Graduate School of Education
University of Queensland