bootstrapping from phonology to vocabulary in L2?

ANA I SCHWARTZ ais108 at psu.edu
Tue Nov 4 20:29:23 UTC 2003

Dear All,

My student and I are interested in examining whether the prosoidc features of
speech during literacy actitivies such as story-book reading can enhance
emergent bilingual children's acquisition of novel words in their L2.

I am fairly new to the area of child phonology and would greatly appreciate it
if anyone could suggest references that relate to L2 vocabulary/phonological
acquisition in the context of emergent literacy activities.
(or any other references that you feel are relevant)

Thank you,

Ana

Ana I. Schwartz, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow