Arabic language acquisition

Dorit Ravid doritr at post.tau.ac.il
Tue Nov 4 19:43:03 UTC 2003

Dear Fatima Badry,
First, published works on the acquisition of Palestinian Arabic by native
speaking children in Israel:
Ravid, D. & R. Farah. Learning about noun plurals in early Palestinian
Arabic. First Language, 19, 187-206, 1999.
Ravid, D., & R. Farah. The early plural lexicon of Palestinian Arabic: A
longitudinal case study. ELA 2001 Proceedings, Institut de Sciences de l'
Homme, Université Lumiere, Lyon, 2001
Ravid, D. & L. Hayek. Learning about different ways of expressing number in
the development of Palestinian Arabic. First Language, 23, 41-63, 2003.

Second, there are a number of still-unpublished works on Arabic acquisition
at Tel Aviv University (dept. of communications disorders and school of
education) on various topics - e.g., plural adjective agreement, acquisition
of denominal (nisba) adjectives, passive adjectives, verb patterns, spelling
development. These, unfortunately, are written only in Hebrew.

Third, we are currently conducting further research at Tel Aviv University
on the acquisition of noun plurals, verb tense, verb patterns, text
development in Bedouin and sedentary Arabic-speaking children.
I will be happy to provide you with a specific list of work currently under
way at TAU.
Cordially
Dorit Ravid
===================
Dr. Dorit Ravid
School of Education and the Department of Communications Disorders
Tel Aviv University

Please send mail to:
Dorit Ravid
School of Education