comprehensive online dictionary with pics?

Marnie E. Arkenberg mea149 at psu.edu
Thu Sep 4 11:13:49 UTC 2003

I am looking for a comprehensive online dictionary and/or encyclopedia with
pictures included in the definitions.  I have found several children's
dictionaries, but nothing on par with, for example, the unabridged Oxford
English dictionary.  Is anyone aware of either a site or software that is
comprehensive in terms of pictures (I am looking for pictures for both concrete
and abstract words)?  Furthermore, could anyone steer me toward word learning
research incorporating this kind of technology? Thanks to anyone who can help!
Marnie Arkenberg
Marnie E. Arkenberg, Doctoral Candidate
Department of Psychology
353 Moore Building
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16801
(814) 863-2308
mea149 at psu.edu

"Child development is for kids."- Adrienne Root (2002)