Two positions at Lancaster

Alcock, Katherine k.j.alcock at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Dec 6 11:56:29 UTC 2004

These two posts are being advertised at Lancaster and are suitable for those wishing to move together; though the areas are specified the department is willing to be very flexible.

Vacancies - Department of Psychology

Lancaster University

The Department, graded 5A in RAE 2001 and with a maximum 24 points in the QAA exercise, seek to appoint a Professor of Developmental Psychology and a Lecturer or Senior lecturer in Neuropsychology.    Applications for either post are particularly encouraged from candidates who complement our existing strengths in Cognition, Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology and Neuropsychology, although we welcome applications from candidates with a strong research portfolio in any area of Psychology.

The department is well-resourced with eye-tracking, 3D movement registration and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation facilities and funding for a new EEG facility, plus dedicated laboratory facilities for computer-based experimentation.  Recently we established the Centre for Research in Human Development as an international focus for research in developmental psychology.  The department has strong links with local NHS hospitals and other departments in the University (e.g, Clinical Psychology; Applied Statistics).  We also have collaborative links with other universities (e.g., for fMRI facilities).  The department has ESRC-recognised PhD and Masters programmes and a buoyant undergraduate community, and has secured over £5m in research and training funds in the past five years.  We offer a supportive and collegiate environment, with moderate and carefully managed teaching and administration loads.

Professor of Developmental Psychology                                                             Ref: A283R

You should be a prominent internationally recognised researcher, with a proven track record of publications, funding and supervision, and demonstrated leadership in research and teaching. Applications from candidates who can strengthen links between our Centre for Research in Human Development and other departmental research strengths will be especially welcomed.

Lecturer(s) A/B or Senior Lecturer in Neuropsychology                                   Ref: A285R

You should have established a research track with the potential to produce publications and attract research funding that will make a strong submission to the next RAE exercise. In addition, you should be able to contribute to teaching in one of the target areas for appointment.  We particularly welcome applications from candidates with experience with EEG studies, though applications from candidates working with other neuropsychology research techniques are welcomed.  Evidence of a research finding track record and potential to lead the neuropsychology research group will be sought for a senior appointment,

These posts are available from 1st April 2005 or at a date to be negotiated with the successful candidates.   Informal enquiries can be made to the Head of Department, Professor Tom Ormerod (Tel: 01524 593164, email: t.ormerod at lancaster.ac.uk).   General information about the Department is available at <http://www.psych.lancs.ac.uk/>

To apply or receive further information online, please visit <http://www.personnel.lancs.ac.uk/> or, telephone Personnel Services, quoting appropriate reference, on answerphone (01524) 846549.   Closing date: 17th December 2004.

Further particulars of both posts online at
http://www.personnel.lancs.ac.uk/furtherinformation.aspx?detailsid=A283Rhtm