Readings for Acquisition of the Lexicon class (FLA, SLA, bilingual)

Lynn Santelmann santelmannl at pdx.edu
Tue Feb 3 05:08:27 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm in a position where I'm suddenly faced with teaching a seminar on the
acquisition of the lexicon for spring quarter (starting the end of March),
and I need to get a reading list/books ASAP. I'm hoping to cover first
language, adult second language and bilingual issues. This is a senior
seminar for students in a applied linguistics, so they've got a good
grounding in basic issues, but aren't very sophisticated yet.

Any recommendations for good readings for this level class would be greatly
appreciated -- I'm looking for both classics and recent work. I'm fairly up
on the FLA literature, but can always use suggestions. I'm less familiar
with the others.

Thanks very much for your help.

Lynn

Lynn Santelmann, Ph.D.