ref on blind children's lang dev

Ann Dowker ann.dowker at psy.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 20 12:33:24 UTC 2004

Here are a few:

Norgate, S., Collis, G. and Lewis, V. (1998). The developmental role
of rhymes and routines for congenitally blind children. Cahiers de
Psychologie Cognitive/ Current Psychology of Cognition, 17, 441-457

Perez-Pereira, M. (1994). Imitations, repetitions, routines and the
child's analysis of language: insights from the blind. Journal of
Child Language, 21, 317-337

Perez-Pereira, M. (1999). Deixis, reference and the use of personal
pronouns by blind children. Journal of Child Language, 26, 655-680

Perez-Pereira, M. and Castro, J. (1997). Language acquisition and the
compensation of visual deficit: new data on a controversial topic.
British Journal of Developmental Psychology, 13, 439-459

Perfect, M.P. (2001). Examining communicative behaviours in a 3-year-old
boy who is blind. Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness, 6,
353-365

I hope these are useful,

Ann