AAVE and children

POLLOCK, Karen karen.pollock at ualberta.ca
Thu Jan 8 17:01:57 UTC 2004

Pam,
You've gotten lots of good referenes so far.  Two others I haven't seen
mentioned yet:

Kamhi, A., Pollock, K., & Harris, J.  (1996).  Communication Development and
Disorders in African American Children:  Research, Assessment, and
Intervention.  Baltimore:  Brookes.

Harris, J., Kamhi, A., & Pollock, K.  (2001).  Literacy in African American
Communities.  Manwah, NJ:  Lawrence Earlbaum Associates.

Karen Pollock