remove me from the list

Amani Fairak afairak at effatcollege.edu.sa
Thu Jan 15 17:28:07 UTC 2004

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Ping Li [mailto:pli at richmond.edu]
	Sent: الخميس 23/11/1424 07:29 م
	To: a.karmiloff-smith at ich.ucl.ac.uk
	Cc: info-childes at mail.talkbank.org
	Subject: Re: Acquisition of Mandarin Chinese

	Dear Annette,

	There are two overview articles that might be helpful as pointers:

	Erbaugh, M. (1992). The acquisition of Mandarin. In D. I. Slobin (Ed.),
	Crosslinguistic study of language acquisition (Vol. 3). Hillsdale, NJ:
	Lawrence Erlbaum.

	Lee, H.-T. (1996). Theoretical issues in language development and Chinese
	child language. In C.-T. Huang, & A.  Li (Eds.), New horizons in Chinese
	linguistics. Dordrecht, Holland: Kluwer Academic Publishers.

	There is a book by Li & Shirai (2000) on the acquisition of aspect that
	gives a summary of aspect acquisition in Chinese (see
	http://www.richmond.edu/~pli/book.html).  The following book is due out in
	2004 from Cambridge that contains 13 overview articles for Part 1:
	Language acquisition:

	Li, P., Tan, L.H., Bates, E., & Tzeng, O.J.L. (Eds.) Handbook of East
	Asian Psycholinguistics (Vol.1: Chinese). Cambridge University Press.

	(see http://cogsci.richmond.edu/handbook.html)

	Hope this helps!  Best wishes,

	Ping