home language experiences

Laura A. Snow lsnow at u.washington.edu
Tue May 4 07:17:32 UTC 2004

I am looking for a way to measure the home language experiences/environment of young children.  Does anyone know of a parent interview or observation scale/inventory that could measure this reliably?  I have seen such tools for determining home literacy environment, but I am more interested in language exposure, the quality and quantity of parent/child communicative interactions, etc.  Thanks for any advice or suggestions!

Laura Snow, M.A., Ph.C.	           206-685-7400
Speech and Hearing Sciences        campus box #354875
University of Washington
1417 N.E. 42nd Street
Seattle, WA 98105-6246