Spanish verbs 'to be'

Madalena Cruz-Ferreira ellmcf at nus.edu.sg
Sat Oct 23 08:08:04 UTC 2004

Dear Jim,

I don't know of research on this for Spanish, but there is at least this one study about Portuguese:
Lemos, C. T. G. d. (1987). 'Ser' and 'estar' in Brazilian Portuguese: with particular reference to child language acquisition, Tübingen, Germany, Gunter Narr Verlag.
If this is of interest and you can't find the study elsewhere, I can give you a URL to a library from where you may be able to borrow it.

Madalena

Madalena Cruz-Ferreira
Dept. English Language and Literature
National University of Singapore