Arabic phonemic transcription

Brian MacWhinney macw at mac.com
Mon Sep 20 19:53:51 UTC 2004

Dear Sigal,
     There are a few people who are trying to enter Arabic in Roman for
CHILDES data, but so far I have no real data.  There is Moroccan Arabic
in the AarsenBos corpus, but the documentation and format there is a
bit incomplete.
   If you search the web for "Arabic romanization" you will find the the
ALA Library of Congress System is widely cited.
    I would suggest that if you or other people could agree to accept a
current standard, then we could adopt that for CHILDES purposes
generally.

--Brian MacWhinney