No subject

Mainess, Karen (LLU) kmainess at llu.edu
Mon Aug 29 22:07:04 UTC 2005

Dear Colleagues,
I know of a peer who currently holds a masters degree in speech
pathology and is now working on a PhD in Rehabilitative Sciences.
Apparently there are few or no programs in this geographical area which
offer PhDs in speech path.  I would like your opinions as to how you
feel this degree would be regarded in terms of a faculty position in a
speech pathology program.  Do you think it will make a difference to the
degree holders hire-ability / marketability in the academic arena when
compared against someone holding a PhD in speech pathology or
communication disorders?

Sincerely,
K. Mainess