Liz Bates' Quote

Robin Campbell r.n.campbell at stir.ac.uk
Fri Dec 16 23:30:29 UTC 2005

I recall this as Werner's Law: 'New forms first carry out old functions;
New functions are first carried out by old forms'. I think Dan Slobin may
have referred to it in that way sometime in the 60s. However, I'm sure
that Werner got it from Ernst Mayr. Now, where is that reference . . .

- Robin Campbell

--
The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by
charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA.  Privileged/Confidential Information may