IPA Extensions for Microsoft Word?

Alcock, Katherine k.j.alcock at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 11:29:37 UTC 2005

Because the SIL fonts are installed as extra fonts, it is possible to use them straight from the keyboard, too - you set your font to one of the SIL fonts, rather than Times or whatever, and then type a letter.

However I have found that most journals seem not to be able to see these fonts when one sends them articles - on occasion, even pdf files seem not to have them at "their end" when I have them at "my end".  If anyone knows of a set of IPA fonts, or a way of rendering them, that means it is possible to get journal articles back without snitty comments from the editor about unreadable symbols, I'd be very happy to know it!

Katie Alcock

Katie Alcock, DPhil
Lecturer
Department of Psychology