IPA Extensions for Microsoft Word?

Alison Crutchley a.crutchley at hud.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 09:25:04 UTC 2005

I think it's worth mentioning that the IPA fonts can be downloaded
direct from the SIL website and installed as Windows fonts so they come
up in 'insert symbol', if simple Word documents are all that is
required.
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=encore-ipa
<http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=encore-ipa>

An alternative for Word docs is to use Jan Mulder's Phonmap - it doesn't
have all the IPA symbols but is useful for transcribing English:
http://janmulder.co.uk/Phonmap/ <http://janmulder.co.uk/Phonmap/>

Best wishes, Alison Crutchley