UniCode Seems Fine - But Those Spaces!

Peyton Todd peytontodd at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 20 19:02:01 UTC 2005

Based on Brian's comments about comptatibility, I decided just to go with the UniCode font. It turned out to be supereasy to install, and seems to have every character one could ever need.

However, when you insert one of them using Word's Insert --> Symbol feature, it inserts an extra space along with it. And it seems that this extra space is not actually a separate character which one can simply delete - instead, it seems to be part of the inserted character itself. Delete the space, and the character goes away, too.

Does UniCode comdemn us to /a b c d e f/ when what we wanted was /abcdef/? Is there any solution to this problem?

Peyton