No subject

Michael Ullman michael at georgetown.edu
Mon Nov 28 17:53:00 UTC 2005

We are looking for a task or tasks that probe word learning. Ideally we would
be able to use the task (or variants of it) in both cognitively impaired and
intact kids and adults.

We are *not* looking for episodic memory types of tasks such as
the AVLT or CVLT, in which the subjects have to remember a list of real words.
Rather we want to test learning of new words, ideally in a
(relatively) naturalistic context.
Note that fast mapping tasks seem to be good in principle, though
in practice one would likely get ceiling effects for adults.

Any ideas?

Best,

Michael Ullman