word learning tasks

Margaret Fleck mfleck at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 28 21:51:20 UTC 2005

Does it matter what sorts of (unfamiliar) objects you use?   E.g.
does the (relative) performance of adults and children differ
if you make them learn (say)

    -- unfamiliar animals
    -- unfamiliar abstract objects
    -- unfamiliar kitchen tools
    -- new Pokemon characters

Can choice of domain be exploited to help keep the adults off-balance?

Margaret Fleck, U. Illinois, Computer Science