ipa fontsw

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Wed Dec 6 14:46:09 UTC 2006

Dear Kenneth et al.,
    The behavior of older non-Unicode fonts under OSX is at least
partially dependent on the application
involved.  In some cases, you can get the older fonts to work by
using old versions of older programs
under Classic.  Of course, these solutions are becoming more and more
fragile and the relevant supports
start to erode.  SIL makes some nice Unicode IPA fonts available.
See http://childes.psy.cmu.edu/tools/fonts.html
for the relevant pointers.  These fonts are complete enough that you
will not have to use the character palette to
add things.  Also, you may want to make use of the IPAKeys utility,
as described at
http://childes.psy.cmu.edu/tools/ipamac.html
These and other pages at the CHILDES site have a lot of material on
these issues.

--Brian MacWhinney