ipa fontsw

Kenneth Hyde kenny at UDel.Edu
Wed Dec 6 14:12:40 UTC 2006

On 6 Dec, 2006, at 8:12 AM, tjbryant at comdis.umass.edu wrote:

> I am having trouble getting my SIL fonts to work on my Mac
> computer. Can anyone
> give me some pointers?  I am running OSX.

As far as I have been able to determine, the SIL IPA font families no
longer work on Mac.  I have OSX and have had to switch to a different
IPA font (IPA Phon, which is available on the LINGUIST font source
page, iirc).  Of course, OSX also supports unicode, so you can use
the character palette to add the occasional IPA character.

Ken

Kenneth Hyde
ELI & Dept of Linguistics
University of Delaware
kenny at udel.edu

"No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulders will
seriously cramp his style.—K. Z. Steven Brust