A Rose By Any other Name - one more source

Carol Stoel-Gammon csg at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 7 18:39:37 UTC 2006

In his 1941 monograph Kindersprache, Aphasie und allegemeine
Lautgesetze (English translation published in 1968), Roman Jakobson
noted that  "one talks in child fashion to the child  ... We even
have at our disposal for this purpose a traditional mixed language
adapted to the linguistic ability of the child, which is known by the
term "nursery language"."

Carol Stoel-Gammon, Ph.D.
Professor, Speech and Hearing Sciences
University of Washington