French MOR

Brian MacWhinney macw at mac.com
Sun Jan 15 16:07:14 UTC 2006

Dear Colleagues,
    Work on the application of MOR to the French corpora in CHILDES
has lagged a bit, despite the availability of a fairly complete
lexicon provided by Christophe Parisse.  In part, this is because the
Parisse French MOR system was constructed to use full form entries,
rather than the system of arules and crules used for other
languages.  It would be possible to either continue constructing
French MOR in this full-form format or to shift to using the analytic
framework.  Before beginning on this work, I wanted to check to see
if anyone in the CHILDES community had done any work extending the
current French MOR grammar.  I want to make sure we are not about to
reinvent the wheel.  Many thanks.

--Brian MacWhinney, CMU