warning on formats and media

Carolyn Chaney cchaney at sfsu.edu
Fri Mar 24 21:08:00 UTC 2006

Another anxiety is the loss of access to old technology for use in
teaching.  I used to assume that all the non-native speakers in my
pronunciation class had tape recorders with pause buttons and easy
rewind/playback...now most have these digital gadgets that are very
difficult to locate  a specific thing to play back.  And VCRs for
recording and viewing themselves?  Gone, gone, gone!  Ain't progress
wonderful?

Carolyn Chaney
cchaney at sfsu.edu

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious
life?"
  	--Mary Oliver