baby cam

mfleck at cs.uiuc.edu mfleck at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu May 18 20:38:38 UTC 2006

Oh, good.   So the news media garbled things a bit.  (No?  Really?
Shocking!)

If you were to take the details in the news reports seriously, the baby
really couldn't leave the house more than trivial amounts.   They were
claiming that recording 8am to 10pm would cover 85% of the kid's waking
hours, which looks good until you consider naps and night/early morning
wakeful periods.

Not that I really figured *that* was true, but it made me curious.
I do know real people whose babies/toddlers seem to lead bizarrely
sheltered lives.

Out of curiosity, how do you deal with the problem of accidently
recording unconsenting strangers?

Cheers,

Margaret