baby cam

Deb Roy dkroy at media.mit.edu
Fri May 19 01:06:27 UTC 2006

> Out of curiosity, how do you deal with the problem of accidently
> recording unconsenting strangers?

That has never happened. We have a very clear sign posted in the
entrance of our house that explains that recordings are in progress
and to let us know if the visitor prefers it turned off. Like most
rooms in the house, there is a control panel near the front door.
When an unexpected visitor comes to the house (e.g., the fedex guy),
we always suspend recording (audio throughout the house and video in
the entrance zone) before letting the visitor in.

Deb