determiners and pronoun in English and French

Rozendaal, M.I. M.I.Rozendaal at uva.nl
Fri Sep 15 14:53:10 UTC 2006

Dear Childes-members,

Could any one point me to literature on the acquisition of different types of determiners (definite, indefinite, demonstrative possessive) and pronouns referring to third person referents (personal , demonstrative, relative and reflexive pronouns, clitics) between 1;6 and 3;0 in English and French.
What I am interested in, is when children generally start to use the different types of determiners and pronouns productively. Information about an apparent 'order of acquisition' (as far as it is possible to establish these) is also welcome.

Best wishes,

Margot Rozendaal

Margot Rozendaal
University of Amsterdam
Department of Psycholinguistics and Language Pathology
Spuistraat 210
1012 VT Amsterdam
The Netherlands
T: +31 20 - 525 3877