Prism

Tom Roeper roeper at linguist.umass.edu
Tue Dec 18 13:41:11 UTC 2007

Dear All,
   Several people have told me that they are/will be using my book "The
Prism of Grammar: How
Child Language Illuminates Humanism" (MIT 2007) in their classes.  (The book
does not have
a real overview, but it does have 50 explorations that can be directly used,
plus introduction to
basic ideas)
   I would like to know how the book goes---and what experiences students or
faculty (or parents)
have with the explorations.  (I might set up a website where people can
report or chat about
it.)  Mostly they are fun--but many are revealing about questions so far
unasked in the field.
It would be interesting to informally collect a variety of responses to
questions (like: can
you put the chair here there and the one there here?)
   Any suggestions or responses along these lines would be welcome.

Tom Roeper

--
Tom Roeper
Dept of Lingiustics