Early stages of language acquisiton of early bilingual children

Mei Lin mei.lin at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Jul 13 16:43:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

Two of my students are working with bilingual children of 2 - 5 years
old, looking at their acquisiton of English as a second/foreign
language.  In both cases, parents' first language is not English.

The students have collected some data and found some interesting
findings. For instance, my students found that after three months after
listenting to stories books or in nursery the children can remember or
say 'look at the picture', 'tough me' at right situations.  They can
sing with the CD.

They would like to compare theirs with similar data outthere. Any
information on the initial stages of bilingual acquisition, information
on develping stages and features/examples would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Mei