Question about acquisition of ordinals vs. cardinals

Blume, Maria mblume at utep.edu
Fri Mar 9 00:42:55 UTC 2007

Dear Colleagues:

Charles Elerick, my colleague here at UTEP, who works on historical linguistics is interested in acquisition data of cardinal and ordinal numbers in English, because he thinks he may be able to relate acquisition to historical language change. He is specially interested in acquisition order and markedness.

I made a search in LLBA for him and just found one article comparing number acquisition in English and Chinese.

Could you please send any relevant references to me so that I can forward them to him? I promise to send a summary.

María

María Blume
Assistant Professor
Department of Languages and Linguistics