Who's doing developmental pragmatics?

Bhuvana Narasimhan Bhuvana.Narasimhan at mpi.nl
Fri Oct 12 10:39:55 UTC 2007

Dear Gerlind (and Info-CHILDES),

Creating a mailing list of people interested in developmental
pragmatics (and semantics) is indeed
a good way to promote an exchange of ideas.

Fyi, we have recently initiated a new project on "Information structure
in language acquisition" at the
Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics which examines how children
and adults learn
correspondences between discourse-pragmatic notions (topic-comment,
given-new) and linguistic
devices such as intonation, word order or discourse particles in
different languages. More information
can be found on our website
(http://www.mpi.nl/research/projects/informationstructure/).

Best wishes,