Who's doing developmental pragmatics?

Margaret Friend mfriend at sunstroke.sdsu.edu
Sat Oct 13 00:33:10 UTC 2007

Please include me as well!  I'm primarily
interested in pragmatic cues in the input.  Thanks for a great idea!

Maggie Friend

At 04:41 PM 10/12/2007, Gedeon Deák wrote:
>I'd be interested in participating in the group.
>Yes, as Brian says, a google group would be
>extremely easy to set up--no moderator needed.
>-Gedeon
>
>On 10/12/07, Brian MacWhinney <<mailto:macw at cmu.edu>macw at cmu.edu> wrote:
>Dear Gerlind, Bhuvana, and Kurumada,
>
>      How about a new mailing list at
> <http://googlegroups.com>googlegroups.com?  We could call
>it
><mailto:chiprag at googlegroups.com>chiprag at googlegroups.com.
>We recently moved info-
><mailto:chibolts at mail.talkbank.org>chibolts at mail.talkbank.org
>to <mailto:chibolts at googlegroups.com>chibolts at googlegroups.com and, so far,
>my opinion of the Google Groups facility is very positive.  I would
>be willing to set this up, but it would be even better if some senior
>figure in Developmental Pragmatics would take this on.  Failing that,
>an energetic young person with good computer access would serve fine
>too.  Failing that, I could give it a try.
>
>--Brian MacWhinney
>
>On Oct 12, 2007, at 3:29 PM, Gerlind Hauser wrote:
>
> > Dear Info-CHILDES,
> >
> > as Brian MacWhinney said: it's time to get back to the central
> > task: So, I am looking for the people out there doing developmental
> > pragmatics as one important aspect of language acquisition. It
> > seems that there are not so many working on this topic nowadays and
> > I thought a bit of networking might be a good idea to see how we
> > could better exchange our ideas and strengthen the field a bit.
> > Please let me know any ideas. Maybe we could start by creating a
> > mailing list of the people interested in this topic.
> >
> > Thanks and have a nice day!
> >
> > Gerlind
> >

>--
>
>Gedeon O. Deák, Ph.D.
>Department of Cognitive Science
>9500 Gilman Dr.
>Univ. CA, San Diego
>La Jolla, CA 92093-0515
><http://www.cogsci.ucsd.edu/~deak/cdlab>http://www.cogsci.ucsd.edu/~deak/cdlab
>
>ph     (858) 822-3352
>fax    (858) 534-1128

Margaret Friend, Ph.D.
Child Language and Emotion Lab
Department of Psychology and
SDSU/UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Language and Communicative Disorders
San Diego State University
6363 Alvarado Court, Ste.103
San Diego, CA 92120
619-594-0273