IRB issue

Aleka Blackwell ablackwe at mtsu.edu
Tue Apr 8 18:55:57 UTC 2008

Dear Sarita,

I serve on my university's IRB, and we usually provide approval pending
receipt of the permission letter(s) and then upon receipt of the
letter(s), our Compliance Officer or the IRB chair acknowledge receipt
of the letter(s) in writing (usually within a day or two).
 Investigators are allowed to start research at schools from which they
have obtained permission already (after IRB approval) even if they are
waiting to hear back from other schools.  One thing to note is that we
require permission from the Superintendent of the school district and
the principal of each school to prevent any arguments between the two.

Best,
Aleka Blackwell

--
Aleka A. Blackwell