legality of home recording

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Thu Aug 21 16:23:51 UTC 2008

Folks,
      I don't think this ruling will have any impact on any of the
materials in either CHILDES or TalkBank. I have listened to perhaps a
thousand hours of these materials and the only instance of clear use
of music in the CHILDES and TalkBank materials is in the segment of
the Dresden SLA corpus that studies how music can support  language
learning.  Moreover, in these materials, it is the school-aged
children themselves who are the performers, since they are singing the
songs.  By the way, they are really great!

-- Brian MacWhinney