Question on bilingual language acquisition from non-native speaker

annalee harley diva19 at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 11:50:24 UTC 2008

From: diva19 at hotmail.co.ukTo: info-childes at googlegroups.comSubject: RE: Question on bilingual language acquisition from non-native speakerDate: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:49:16 +0000

hi, Studies have shown that bilingual learners end up alot smarter than there peers, they use neural pathways unknown to the monolingual child. I think You are very lucky to have high proficiancy in another language, so why not teach it to your child. yours annalee.> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 03:04:52 -0800> Subject: Question on bilingual language acquisition from non-native speaker> From: kristinborjesson at yahoo.de> To: info-childes at googlegroups.com> > > Dear All,> > I'm not entirely sure whether this is the right place to pose my> question. However, a friend of mine suggested I'd try here to get some> information on the following issue.> > I'd like to know whether there are any studies investigating the> question of whether or not a non-native speaker of a language (with> fairly high competency) should try and raise his child bilingually> nevertheless. I'm simply interested in views on that question.> > I'd be very happy if you could help me with suggestions or references> on this.> > Thanks a lot.> > Best,> Kristin> </html_________________________________________________________________
Get Windows Live Messenger on your Mobile
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000001ukm/direct/01/