bilingual babbling?

Sunil kumar Ravi sunilsweet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 03:18:41 UTC 2008

Respected,

Iam a student of Master of Science (Speech - Language Pathology) at All
India Institute of Speech and Hearing. INDIA.

regarding that question of how is babbling in bilingual child, actually
speaking, babbling does not depend on any of the language. let it be L1 or
L2. I will give one example of hearing impaired children. children with
congenital hearinmg impairement also produces babbling. that is, their
language development will be normal till this babbling stage in the
development of language. here, without hearing any language only, children
are able to produce babbling. so.. babbling does not depend on any language
which we use.

There are some studies regarding babbling in Hearing impaired children and
most of the studies says this only.

This answer is based on my experience with children with hearing impaired in
our clinic. and this is purely my opinion, anyone can give their
suggestions.

Regards.

Sunil Kumar. Ravi

--