thanks

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Sat Feb 23 19:06:50 UTC 2008

Dear Colleagues,
     My thanks to all of you who sent in a letter in support of the
NIH CHILDES renewal.
I received 140 letters representing about 240 people.  Joining the
references cited in
these letters with a search of Google Scholar for articles citing the
CHILDES manual,
we then compiled an updated set of articles using CHILDES.  The set
from the last
renewal in 2003 had 1465 references.  The set from this year has more
than doubled to 3049.
I will submit the proposal by about Thursday. After it is in, I will
add all of these new references
to the basic CHILDES-BIB collection.
    It is great that people were able to provide so much detail on
such short notice.
Hopefully, NIH will be impressed by the collective impact of all this
work on the study of
child language.

Best wishes,

-- Brian MacWhinney