pictures of non-nameable novel objects

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Jan 15 20:25:05 UTC 2008

Michael,

Prahlad Gupta developed a set of 25 of these for our work on novel
word learning.  We used real objects that most adults cannot identify,
such as anemometers and grapeshot stacks.  I can send you my set
or you could contact Prahlad, since he may have nicer original copies.
However, it is possible that some of these could be the same as those
from
Matti Laine or Eals & Silverman, since I don't know those sets.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a single archive on the web where all
such pictures were kept?  Of course, one needs to clear permissions
with the creators of the pictures first.

-- Brian MacWhinney