IPA fonts

Carolyn Chaney cchaney at sfsu.edu
Thu Jan 31 20:56:08 UTC 2008

It certainly does sound way more complicated that my Mac font. I am
having trouble getting what is necessary for CLAN and what is necessary
for a basic IPA font.

So if the student has Ariel Uicode, is that enough (plus Charis Sil)?
Or is Keyman also needed?

The SIL homepage says:  Please note that the  Doulos SIL font and
Charis SIL font fonts provide Unicode IPA support.  However, you must
convert existing data using the "SIL IPA93 Fonts" to Unicode before
using the Doulos SIL or Charis SIL font (see SIL IPA93 Data
Conversion).

If that is the case, then is Keyman needed?  Or separate unicode?

Sorry to be stupid, but if I can't get it, I am unlikely to get my
students on board.

CArolyn