'feets' and the like

Carol Slater cslater at alma.edu
Fri May 2 17:15:40 UTC 2008

Dear all:
As a student was browsing through BROWN yesterday, he came across a regular suffix applied to an irregular form. He would like to search systematically for other instances of this phenomenon but I didn't know what strategy to suggest: searching *CHI tiers with FREQ +s and a file of regular endings preceded by * seemed to be a possibility, but it is clearly one that would involve lots and lots of hand searching through irrelevant hits.
I wonder whether anyone could suggest a more graceful solution? We would both be very grateful for the help.
In hope,
Carol Slater

Dana Professor of Psychology
Alma College