Pace of early language development

Margaret Fleck margaretmfleck at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 19:42:17 UTC 2009

I think the range of variation is one of those things that's obvious to
the parents and teachers "on the ground" and more difficult to
document in a way that convinces skeptics.   I don't think you have
to know very many kids socially before you run into examples of the
upper and lower ends of the range on language and other standard toddler/preschool skills.    There also seems to be wide variation in
when kids learn other skills e.g. potty training, holding a fork well,
singing, climbing.

Margaret Fleck