English syllable list

john limber limber at comcast.net
Wed Oct 7 23:30:34 UTC 2009

Hi Gareth-- this is a tricky issue as you probably know. There was a lot of
effort expended on behalf of speech recognition/perception/synthesis in the
1960s with syllables as a basic unit.  One investigator I thought had
something useful to say was

Sivertsen, E. (1961).  "Segment Inventories for Speech Synthesis," Lang.
Speech 4, 27.

--
John Limber
Psychology