English syllable list

Lisa lisa.s.pearl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 15:21:43 UTC 2009

Hi Gareth:

There's a tool developed by Kenny Vaden at UC Irvine called the Irvine
Phonotactic Online Dictionary (IPhoD) [http://www.iphod.com/] that may
be useful (especially if you're also working with nonwords).  Among
other things, it can give you the phonotactic probability of English
words and their frequencies, so you may be able to extrapolate legal
syllables by looking at the monosyllabic entries.

-Lisa Pearl