Basic literature for undergrad classes

Barbara Pearson bpearson at research.umass.edu
Mon Oct 26 03:06:53 UTC 2009

Dear Kristina,

People have been telling me that my book works well in classes, too.

Raising a Bilingual Child (Random House, 2008).

In addition to bilingual acquisition, there are chapters on first
language, language identity, and the difficulty of answering broad
questions in language research.

Good luck with your seminar,

Barbara

On Oct 25, 2009, at 1:34 PM, Kristina Bedijs wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am planning to teach an undergraduate seminar about child language.
> It will focus especially on French and probably also on Spanish, but
> there will of course be classes on general language acquisition as
> well. Would you tell me which books you recommend to your students as
> basic literature?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Kristina
>
> ---