Basic literature for undergrad classes

Peter Gordon pgordon at tc.columbia.edu
Mon Oct 26 13:57:31 UTC 2009

I've been using Erica Hoff's book for years and find it very well written
with good coverage.  It is outrageously expensive ($146) as are most college
textbooks.  Paul Bloom's book of readings from MIT press is still a very
good selection (available on Cognet free) as was the Tomasello & Bates
readings, currently out of print.

Peter Gordon
Biobehavioral Sciences Department
Teachers College, Columbia University