development of Caribbean English

Ngoni ngoni.chipere at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 20:08:05 UTC 2009

Dear all

I'm trying to identify developmental norms for children acquiring
Caribbean English. The literature seems very sparse, so any studies
that you are aware of will likely be very useful. AAE is a close match
to Caribbean English in some respects and I've been able to identify
some studies in this area (namely by Shelley Velleman and
colleagues).

If you don't know of any studies in Caribbean English, I would be
grateful for any references that you might have on AAE. I am
particularly interested in phonological development but other areas
are also of interest.

best wishes

Ngoni