one million mark

Tom Roeper roeper at linguist.umass.edu
Tue Apr 20 17:38:43 UTC 2010

Brian---
   one million is a great success.  And like many things, but not all,
making
data universally accessible is an important step in the democratization of
knowledge.  I am glad that the field of acquisition is in the forefront of
this
movement.  And unlike other databases, acquisition data requires calls
for labor and some expertise in its collection.  It is a tribute to those
who
share their data as well.
    In principle all data gathered under government grants should be open
to everyone.

Tom Roeper

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Miquel Serra <miquel.serra at ub.edu> wrote:

> Many thanks and a big bravo, Brian!
> I'm a bit late, but nonetheless merciful for your far reaching and lasting
> work!
> The international community of psychologists, linguists and child
> researchers will always be in debt with you
>
> Miquel Serra
> Professor
> University of Barcelona

Tom Roeper