Intelligibility of children's speech

Nick Riches nick.riches at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 4 13:04:00 UTC 2010

Dear Mats

I attended a very interesting talk by Sara Howard, a clinical
phonetician at Sheffield university, in which she gave a demonstration
of a single child's utterance which was completely unintelligible
without a context, but completely intelligible with the context. In
fact it made the audience gasp! She might be a good person to
approach.

Nick Riches

University of Reading